MMI maintains a state of the art
- Toll Processing of ceramic, metal, alloys and composite sintering
- Product & Process Development
- SPS Operation Parameters Optimization and Experimental Design
- Assistance with die design and fabrication
- Consulting on Spark Plasma Sintering of several types of products including the following:
- Metals – Fe, Ni, Cu, Al, Co, Re, W, Mo, Ta, Ti. Hf, Nb, V, Steel, Stainless Steel, Numerous alloys, High Entropy Materials, Amorphous metals.
- Ceramics – SiC, B4C, ZrO2, TiB2, HfB2, ZrB2, Y3Fe5O12, TiC, WC, Y3Al5O12, MgB2, CaF2, MgF2, LaB6 & Many different electroceramics
- Composites – TiB2-Al2O3, TiB2-ZrO2, TiB2-B4C, SiC-B4C, WC-Co, Mo-Cu, W-Cu, C-Cu,
- Multilayered materials – different functional properties for wear, corrosion, erosion, abrasion and thermal
- Nano-carbon, Graphene, Carbon Nanotubes (CNTs) and layered composites for heat extraction or long term use in brakes, seals, couplings
- Porous materials with controlled porosity
- Most useful for hybrid powders and powders with mixed particle sizes to full theoretical density
- Controlled distribution of alloy elements/particles including nanotubes (SWNT, MWNT), graphene dispersants, hollow microspheres.