Materials Modification Inc. has developed and patented a novel powder consolidation technique. This process is the result of several years of research in the area of powder consolidation, primarily in the area of submicron and nanomaterials. The advantages of the SPS-P2C technique are
- Reduced processing temperatures,
- Significant reduction in the consolidation time, (minutes versus hours).
- Lower oxygen content in the final part,
- Higher density,
- Does not need precompaction or the use of canning devices,
- Absence of sintering aids and additives
The SPS-P2C process can be applied to all kinds of metals, intermetallics, and quasi
Another major advantage of the SPS-P2C setup is that it can be used very successfully on
The typical shapes that can be produced using this machine can range from cylinders to hollow tubes and circular/curved plates. We can also provide the above shapes in a range of sizes.